Monday, March 24, 2014

Day 80/365 "Awaken"

Today was an exciting day for me!! I have finally started my project on the Addict.. For a long time now I have wanted to make a difference bringing awareness to the epidemic of addiction that is robbing so many of our youth and beyond of their lives and destinies! I will be documenting their struggles through photography and hopefully gaining raw images that will shock our society into recognition.. I know that not everyone will understand what I am trying to do but all that matters to me is that I can save just 1 person 1 family from losing their way! Today I started  by going to the railroad tracks and photographing some of the cities darker areas...








12 comments:

  1. Seriously moving photographs and major applause to you on your efforts...I have faith it will make a difference

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much :) I am so passionate about this cause and can use all the positive thoughts and prayers to help me

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful photographs. Nicely done. Love the boot shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx.. Thats my fav but as you know I struggled with the placement of the boot and not wanting to disturb it so Im glad you think it works :)

      Delete
  3. Really cool shots! They defiantly convey a sense of helplessness or isolation. Inspiring project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you.. That is exactly what I was going for :)

      Delete
  4. Love them! Congratulations on the beginning of "Awaken".

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a neat idea and cause for these and they are great photos! I really like the compositions and processing for them all. I think the first one of the boots is fantastic. There is a lot of depth in the composition with the blurred grass in the foreground, the boots, and then the wall of grafiti in the background. Also, the light is excellent...how the strong sun is shining on the worn boots makes me think of someone working in really harsh conditions with these worn out boots but that's the best they can do and the wall in the shade makes the grafiti pop...the combination really do depict a sense of "raw." Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much.. That was my favorite image but I was worried the boots were too covered but at the same time I didn't want to move them, so I really appreciate your view of the pix!!

      Delete
  6. Theses are very powerful images, I love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, amazing work. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete