Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Day 33/365 "Frost Bitten"

The crazy heat wave in February has ended and we are back to freezing temps.. Booo!! I swear going from -7 to 45 was kind of a shock to my system.. All though it didn't last long I am grateful and shouldn't be such a complainer.. I can do that sometimes lol. I am always try to look on the bright side of all situations... Like having a slow winter which means having a really tight budget which in turn has taught me to stretch a dollar even further at the grocery store; bright side....  I have gotten way off subject here, sorry about that.. I get side tracked easily ;) 
When I got into my car this morning the sun was rising.. I turned to look out my window to watch it and noticed that the frost that had covered my window was super pretty.. The combination of a sunrise and frost is pretty hard to walk away from.. It was still pretty darkish ( yes I know darkish isn't a real word) out and until I get my dream camera I have a really hard time getting quality pix in low light situations!! The highest my iso can go for a decent pix is 800.. The frost pix was shot at 1600 so its very grainy and no where near as clean/crisp as I would like it to be. If I had to pick 1 thing that is my biggest pet peeve about photography it would have to be sharpness of photos... I stopped at a marsh to photograph a pretty frost covered bush,  and of course had to snap 1 of my handsome man on the front porch!! I am really looking forward to the snow storm tomorrow, planning to capture it in a new way.. I haven't quite figured out how that will be yet but we'll see what happens lol... I've tried several times to capture a snow flake but haven't had any success !! I've gotten a pretty good 1 with my phone but that doesn't count, GRRRR... For those of you getting hit by the storm hope you enjoy it :)






4 comments:

  1. Very cool! Love the frost! Perfect exposure and great composition with the sunrise reflection in the window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the frost it looks like it's on fire!! Very creative. The berries are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the berries and the sunset reflection!

    ReplyDelete