Thursday, February 13, 2014

Day 42/365

Tomorrow is Valentines Day!!! We are having a pretty intense blizzard at the moment.. I'm kinda liking being stuck home for the holiday. This way we actually have time to enjoy each other.. I don't know about you but on snowy days I love to cook lots and lots of yummy food!! We had corn beef hash with eggs for breakfast (super unhealthy I know) B.L.T'S for lunch, homemade buffalo chicken tenders for dinner, & for desert fresh strawberry shortcake or a brownie sundae... Yes I have set some pretty important health goals for myself  before I turn 30 but I still have time lol..... Some of my favorite memories as a child are snow storms and all the great food my mom would get just because. I often wonder, will my children look back on their childhood as fondly as I do?  
Besides stuffing our faces today we did a mini photo shoot for V-Day!! I have never done this kind of session with the boys and I really enjoyed it. Usually when I want to take pix of them they kick scream and fight me all the way through it. But this was different. They were laughing and genuinely having fun! It was nice seeing them enjoying my passion instead of loathing it.. I am planning on making them some special pancakes in the am that will with any luck resemble a heart.. The hubby and  I will be celebrating at home with a candle lit dinner, & a bubble bath for 2.. Honestly some of our best dates have been spent at home. I'm going to make my famous seafood pasta in a white wine sauce and his favorite red velvet cake :) Hope you all spend tomorrow with the ones you love most.. <3






2 comments:

  1. These are adorable! Way to go! My favorite is def Cohen covered in kisses...SOO cute! Do you remember when I was Cohen's valentine?!?!?!?! Please remind him!!!! We're having buffalo tenders too, great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! We had a lot of fun.. I love Cohens too.. He's so handsome...

    ReplyDelete