Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Day 55/365

Today started very very early for me, 4:30 to be exact.. Even though I would much rather sleep in there are some perks to getting up that early. Like chasing the moon, watching the night turn to day, and that moment when the light over takes the darkness.... I didn't have my tripod and have never shot the moon before so its not a high quality photo but we all have to start somewhere, right? After my date with the moon I went and saw my mom. She is truly the most beautiful woman I have ever known inside and out. She was a photographer when I was a child, some of my fondness memories when I was younger are of us in the darkroom together.. She has been such a support for me during this amazing journey called life. I love ya mom :)
After my visit I called Miranda for our morning convo and she invited us over for a "FriendsGiving" Dinner! I must say I have to best best friend EVER!! We spent a good chunk of our day there while Wes was at work, which is always a blast... I was able to take a super cute pix of Miranda and Cyrus snuggled up in the same sweatshirt gazing into each others eyes! It is so hard to be the photographer of the family sometimes..  You are absent from most of the pictures. Yes you can set up your tripod but those are always posed and you can almost never capture those special "moments".. I really want to try to get as many pix for her this year as I can.. Our Turkey dinner was the best part of the day by far!! It was perfect from start to finish!! She even had make your own sundaes for desert.. I hope that our "FriendsGiving" in February will be a tradition that we hold on to for years to come :)




3 comments:

  1. Your mother is so beautiful. Great moon shots love the color!! And thanks again for my new favorite pic, it means so much to me and I hope you know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo Miranda's comment about your mom...I just love the thoughts streaming through her eyes. And the one of Miranda and Cyrus, just way too adorable. I hear ya about being in the shot, it's a tough gig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning. All of these.

    ReplyDelete