Saturday, January 25, 2014

Day 23/365 " Cake Fun"

Today is my dads actual birthday and this morning is was counting the minutes until I called him and hopefully be 1 of the first people to say those 2 famous words "Happy Birthday"!!!!! When he answered the phone I could not have been happier to hear his voice..... No matter how old I get talking with him will always make everything better.. I'm sure I'm not the only 1 who feels like this, or am I? I am a true through and through daddies girl. I light up when I see him, he is the greatest man I have ever known. Our relationship hasn't always been roses and rainbows but whos is right? As I have gotten older/wiser I have realized that I am the woman I am today due to the parents I was blessed to have.. I have a lot of my dad in me, his strength, intelligence, determination, guts, and most of all his kind heart!!!! I don't know where I would be without his unwavering support and love. Trust me when I say I wasn't always the best daughter we all go through some tough lessons we need to learn but mine were on the tougher side. If I didn't have the dad, mom, & step mom to stand behind me that I do I'm not sure what would have happened...

So enough with all the mushy stuff. This weekend was all about my daddy. First with the hair cut for the hubby & today with making a John Deere Tractor cake!!! I found a design that I really liked on Pinterest & of course consulted with Miranda and we made a plan. My mom graciously made 25 chocolate cupcakes and I made 20 vanilla cupcakes. Thank goodness for Wes being so helpful beacause I never could have loaded 45 cupcakes, my Kitchen Aid, frosting ingredients, and 4 boys into the van myself !! The morning was overwhelming to say the least. Once I got to Mirandas I felt like I could breath again lol.. We had such a great time decorating, and taking pictures. She is the 1 who inspired me to become a photographer & to start my 365!! Her work is incredible.. I really hope you will all go and check out her blog @mirandastoddardphotography.blogspot.com/ .. Tell her I sent you and please give her some love.. Once you look over her work you will understand why I gush about her so often..

The tractor came out great.. It was so worth all the effort, I cant wait for the big party tomorrow!! 




















2 comments:

  1. I love the B&W version of the last picture. The contrast and lighting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete