Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 4/365

              Rain rain and some more rain today!! The weather in Southern NH has been so strange this winter and very cold!!! There have been many days over the past 2 weeks that have been in the single digits or lower... My husband thought he had turned off the water to the outside hose but last night at around 10 pm the noise of our sub pump turning on would lead us to discover he did not.... Its amazing how much water can come out of 1 tiny pipe.. After spending all night making sure the water was making its way out of the house my husband has decided he will never be making that mistake again!!
                        On a blogger note I am setting some goals for myself...
1. Take more inside low light images
2. Try different perspectives, I love up close and using a low aperture but really want to get out of my comfort zone
3. Photograph a sunrise at the ocean
4. Getting in the pictures. I have a decent tripod but NEVER use it. This is the year "family" photos will be all of us not just the boys in my life
5. There are so many more, but the most important is to BRING MY CAMERA WITH ME EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!! I am so tried of missing amazing pix because I don't have it with me.
                   

I love the rain... 


Hubby is not happy with the clean up down in basement :(


6 comments:

  1. Loveee the water droplet picture! Nice capture! Tell Wes he has a fine backside! ;-p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried for so long and finally have up grrr.. But thank you! I'll pass it along to Wes I can see him blushing already ;)

      Delete
  2. I have the same goals for my photography! :) Just started mine as well. Love your photos so far! Nice to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I am very excited about this project :) Good luck with yours I will be following allowing...

      Delete
  3. Great picture! I am putting this on my must try list. May I ask if you used a tripod and what your camera settings were? Looking forward to following you on your 365 journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much :) I didn't use a tripod I was actually laying on my floor while my husband held the door open for me lol... There was a big enough puddle under the our eve that I was able to lay and wait for the drops to fall. I was shooting with my 50mm, ISO800, f 2.0, and 1/2000.. I will defiantly be going to your page to follow you as well :)

    ReplyDelete